CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
Guidelines & Submission
Abstract update – information for prospective authors
Several authors have requested that the requirement for a 2 page extended abstract be relaxed. The committee has agreed that abstracts can be shortened to a minimum of 1 full page.
- Abstracts from 1 to 2 pages will now be accepted up to the 3 June 2022.
- The 2 column layout and format must still follow the Extended Abstract template.
- Authors are encouraged to use the full 2 pages of an Extended Abstract as this provides opportunity to include more detail, better discussion and useful tables/figures/photographs.
The two page Extended Abstracts must be submitted online as Microsoft Word documents following the format of the abstract template.
- Extended abstracts are to be preferably between 500 and 800 words of text and should include supporting tables, figures, and equations
- The extended abstract should fill but not exceed two pages in 2 column layout
- Extended abstracts must be submitted in Arial 10 point font
- The extended abstract title must be typed in Arial 14 point, bold and centred font
- The first listed author should be the presenting and contact author
- The presenting authors name must be underlined
- All author details and affiliations must be included
- The first author’s email address must be included
- The extended abstract is to include a 100 word maximum summary
- Authors must include a maximum of five keywords sufficient to highlight the relevant topics addressed in your extended abstract
Please note that while there is no limit to the number of Extended Abstracts you can submit, the Conference Program Committee will, where possible, limit the number of presentations per first author to one.
Presenters of accepted Extended Abstracts are required to register and pay to attend the Conference as a delegate for at least the day they are presenting.
Acceptance of Extended Abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference Committee. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Program Committee whose decision is final.
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation
- Coastal Processes and Risk Implications
- Dredging and Reclamation
- Economic, Social, Legal and Political Aspects
- Port Operations and Management
- Port Planning
- Ports and Marine Facilities – Design and Construction
- Recreational Facilities, Waterfront Development and Marinas
- Sustainability, and Stakeholder Engagement
- Working with Nature, Environment and Ecosystem Services
Abstract Submission Deadline (midnight AEDT):
3 June 2022 (there will be no further extensions after this date)
Authors advised of Submission Outcome:
17 June 2022
Authors have option to upgrade Extended Abstract:
24 June 2022
Speaker Registration Deadline:
3 July 2022
Earlybird Registration Closes:
3 July 2022
4-7 September 2022
The Conference will not include any full peer reviewed papers, rather authors are required to submit two page Extended Abstracts following the template provided.
To download Call for Extended Abstracts flyer, please click the download button below.